Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Claire!

Carousel, you're five--holey moley! In a few days you'll start kindergarten and there probably isn't a more excited kid on the planet. I'll really miss you but I'm proud of the way you're growing. You can read and write. You love math and science. You confuse your friends by bringing Ancient Egyptian mythology into your pretend play. You take responsibility for your actions and are sincere in your apologies when you make mistakes. You love to dance to cheap Disney teenager shows and to roll around purring like a cat. You wear a cat hood that you've decorated with hair bows to bed every night (with slippers). Fashion is very important to you and I'm often presented with sketches on the topics of what Eloise should wear, what I should wear, what our future dog should wear in Paris and what dessert should look like. You tell me you're moving to Paris to be a designer, but not until you marry "Max" in the Disneyland temple. You sing Nintendo themes in a breathy, earnest voice when you think no one's listening. You make the world a more sparkly place. I love you!




 I needed to practice a tiered cake for a wedding I'm doing soon so I made a half layer tier for Claire and she thought it was very awesome. It's strawberry inside.
 Poor man's sushi cat pinata.

1 comment:

deargoodness said...

happy birthday Claire! That cake looks amazing!