Thursday, April 7, 2011

Potpourri Catch-Up


Claire photobombs a picture of Sophie chillin' in her wrap.
Claire took this picture after asking Hooma to put on a pirate hat from Claire's dress up chest, more on this day later...

Now that Sophie has made her recovery from the accident I hope to be more regular about keeping our adventures documented. Here's an account of Claire's activities yesterday (seriously, all in about 30 hours): Woke up and saw I wasn't up yet so she decided to help herself to breakfast by pouring milk and cereal on the table and sucking it up like a puppy, Drew on a white desk with markers while I cleaned, Helped me make a new potty reward chart and decided a big picture of Jesus was required along with Princess Tiana and Jesse the Yodeling Cowgirl, Sang Handel's Messiah chorus at the top of her lungs while waiting to be lucky on the potty so that she could earn a candy cane (her all time favorite treat)--adding "Momma, I like God better than Super Why!" (her favorite tv show), Stacked books on top of a counter and climbed the drawer pulls to get to the matches 12 feet off the ground, Lit one match and then squeezed it out to hide what she had done (but the smell of smoke as I came back upstairs from putting Sophie to bed gave her away as did the small blister on her thumb and forefinger), Announced, "I need to tell the 'liberry' I feel like I'm a gonna RIP that borin' book!!!" which thankfully gave me the heads up to hide the library books, Acquired scissors (from a stash possibly?) and cut nearly three precious inches of hair right from the top of her head, Climbed up to molest Hooma's tulips on the dining table and decided to try to leap from chair to chair but missed and bonked her nose and hip as gravity claimed her, Brought me a bottle of hand sanitizer and asked, "Momma, would this one be poison or could I try it some more?" ("SOME MORE?!!!"), Barged in on Hooma having a bath and promptly stripped and jumped in too, Noticed Aunt Hannah (who is green with the flu) was resting so she jumped on her bed to bounce her up a bit, Made funny faces at Sophie to make her giggle, Put on a backpack and told me, "I'm sorry but it's really time I went to school," and was thwarted by the difficult doorknob on the front door, When told her computer time was all used up she snuck into Papa's office to boot up his computer, log into Netflix and loaded up an episode of "Go Diego Go!" which has an unfortunately loud "gives you away" type theme song, Put on some lipstick and carried dishwasher soap up and down the stairs waving like a beauty queen, Lowered her head bull-style to charge Anthon the moment he returned from school, Chewed Anthon's beloved Wii cord closed, Called out "Come see me exercise like you!" so that I could see her leg stretched up onto the treadmill handle and then admitted "I stuck," Ran nearly 50 miles in the halls at the ward dinner and fellowshipped some less active nursery friends telling me, "Momma, I'm a super 'mish-i-yon-in-on-in-onery' you know," Was dragged first kicking and screaming from the party but then limp as Ghandi, Donned her favorite monkey pajamas but then ran back upstairs to steal Hooma's sewing floss instead of using her normal floss, Snuggled down after scriptures with her flashlight and "Pink Stripe" blanket and reached up to cradle my face saying, "Momma, I'm so pleased we are best friends. I'm in love with you." I'm in love with you too, Claire.

PS: If PBS wants to make a documentary about what it's like to be a gifted 2 year old, Claire would even write it and film it for them...

No comments: