Thursday, December 11, 2008

A New Trick: Call and Response Singing

She started doing this yesterday afternoon and is now super good at it. She varies the sounds between "Hoo" and "Mamm." You don't have to ask her to sing though; she is freely composing atonal odes to her shiny beads, my hair, Grandma's orange shirt, to her wolf toy and there was even a song in honor of Daddy coming home yesterday. Today I came back from the gym a bit worse for wear and Claire fixed me right up with a little song---she's such a pleasure!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

It's so fun when they start responding to you. And it just keeps getting better. The other day I asked Garrett, who was tearing books off the shelf, to put them back. He looked blankly at me, and the bent down, picked up a book, and placed it back on the shelf. I didn't think he'd respond, but there we were. It's awesome.